A new self-titled album from country-rock trio The Wandering Hearts; a celebration of their varied styles built around rich vocals and strong song-writing….
- Hammer Falls : As a prelude to the album this one is given a big build-up as a dusty introduction gathers in intensity before the bluesy voices gradually push into the foreground.
- Over Your Body : A jumpy pace gives a momentum to this unpredictable track before the combined voices fly fully in the chorus.
- Build A Fire : One of my favourites; full of energy with the harmonies setting light to the clear positivity in the refrain.
- I Feel It Too : With the dream combination of the three contrasting voices interacting a simple tune is raised to a higher plane.
- Gold : Addictive and driving anthem full of rhythm and tension before the big reveal of the catchy chorus.
- Dolores : On a par with the ethereal lightness and luminescence of 2018 track ‘Burnng Bridges’, as gentle acoustic guitar and cello form a platform for gorgeous vocals.
- Dreams : Pensive and a bit melancholic this is a real grower.
- Never Too Late : A strong rhythm pulses through this amiable and rousing pop song.
- Tell Me When I Wake Up : Tender and calming, full of longing and texture with a minimal instrumental backing.
- On Our Way : The opener to their previously released EP, this is a barnstorming spiritual, reflective and optimistic with a huge chorus.
- Stardust : A gradual come-down from the heights of the previous track, with imagery and positive sentiments ‘…we are diamonds in the air…we light it up…’
- Lullaby : Showcasing the trio’s vocals for a final time and with only an acoustic guitar to counterpoint the melody, it is a gentle bookend to this fine album.